Info Node: (cvsclient.info)Top
(dir) Introduction Back to Software Index
This document describes the client/server protocol used by CVS. It does
not describe how to use or administer client/server CVS; see the regular
CVS manual for that. This is version 1.12.13 of the protocol
specification--Note: Introduction, for more on what this version
- What is CVS and what is the client/server protocol for?
- Basic design decisions, requirements, scope, etc.
- Connection and Authentication
- Various ways to connect to the server
- Password scrambling
- Scrambling used by pserver
- Complete description of the protocol
- Protocol Notes
- Possible enhancements, limitations, etc. of the protocol
automatically generated by info2www version 1.2